As one of the leading indoor and outdoor shading specialists in the UK, we have ambitious plans for growth and i order to achieve our plans, we need great people. Our people are at the heart of everything we do because without them, we simply wouldn’t be able to offer our clients the excellent service they deserve.
We already have a great team. Our designers, fitters, installers and sales team are among the best in the business. But we are growing fast and there is always room for more talent.
To help our people give us the best, we make sure we give them our best too. We are continually training and developing our people, to arm them with the skills that will make us competitive in today's market. We encourage our staff to grow and develop with us in this competitive industry.
Purpose of Position
An exciting career opportunity has recently opened for a Project Surveyor to join our high performing shading team. We are one of the UK’s leading shading companies with over 50 years’ experience in the industry. We are expanding and therefore are looking to strengthen our team to enable growth to take place, the position on offer is a key position to allow this to happen.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project management of allocated internal and external shading projects.
- Drive the project from sales floor to completion, managing the teams along the way.
- Project conversion.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Professional cost management.
- Running of the project to the relevant contractual terms and client expectation.
Project Management - Pre Order
Give technical & quotation support to the sales team, and directly to the customer of allocated projects, support the sales activity to enhance the likelihood of both winning the projects and repeat business. Working closely with the Sales and Technical teams, ensure the products offered are within the scope and ability of Broadview and offered within a timeline achievable within a managed project.
Project Management - Post Order
- Take ‘project ownership’ of allocated projects, coordinating the required aspects to deliver to the project, on time, on budget, in full.
- Make site visits as required to maintain the professional management of the projects.
- Maintain a detailed time plan of allocated projects, advising details into the master forecast for Broadview.
- Develop a team philosophy, working with the relevant Sales, Production & Technical Teams to deliver the project in line with the project itself.
- Via regular project review meetings, work closely with Broadview’s Technical, Procurement and Installation teams to plan and co-ordinate each project through the system.
- Undertake specific site management to maintain the delivery and/or installation of the project if required.
- Maintain a project file of all key communications, photos, supplier order details, costings.
- Maintain a detailed cost and reconciliation of all projects to make sure they are meeting the targeted profit and margin.
- Projects in excess of £50k will require a final report to the Directors.
- Manage all aspects of the survey and installation.
- Work at times with minimal supervision.
- Procurement of sub-contractors including detailed scope, agreeing prices/rates and producing sub-contract documentation.
- Produce Risk assessment documentation for each project
- Undertake other tasks as may be required from time to time by the Directors of Broadview.
- Recent experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Strong team player who is adaptable and has a flexible approach to working hours.
- A practical, logical and methodical way of thinking.
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Knowledge of the construction industry would be an advantage.
- Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
- IT competent.
- Valid CSCS card and driving license.
What We Offer in Return
- Competitive salary.
- Company vehicle.
- Fuel card.
- Mobile phone.
- 28 days annual holiday including bank holidays.
- The chance to establish yourself in a successful forward thinking company, with the opportunity to progress as role progresses.
Applications in writing to Mike.email@example.com
We are looking for two full time Installation Assistants to work with our blinds and awning installers. Jobs are are sometimes indoors but mainly outdoors. The successful candidates will be hardworking and practical with a can-do attitude and good customer service skills. Flexibility in peak times is required and the occasional overnight stay may be necessary .
With good rates of pay and holiday allowance, please click here to send us your CV by email or post to Katie Hopkins, Broadview Shading Solutions, 57 Hatchpond Road, Nuffield Ind Est, Poole Dorset BH17 0JZ
We are always happy to receive CVs from candidates who feel they have an appropriate skill set for our business. Click here to send us your details.